Choosing where to live is one of the most important decisions we’ll make in our lives, and whether we’re renting or buying, it’s not one we make lightly. Estate agents play a vital role in ensuring everything goes smoothly and all parties receive the service they need.
Despite this, it’s not uncommon to hear anecdotes about how they got it wrong from family and friends – but is sentiment towards estate agents nearly as bad as the media would make out?
We found out!
In our latest piece of research, we surveyed more than 1,000 UK consumers (buyers, renters, sellers and landlords) on their thoughts and opinions of estate agents. Some of the findings surprised even us, and are valuable to estate agents wanting to stand out in an extremely competitive industry.
Here are the key areas the Exploring Consumer Attitudes Towards Estate Agents report looks at:
– What people thought of the last estate agent they used: Was it a positive or negative experience? What did they like the most about the service they received?
– Attitudes towards technology: What aspects of the service would people like to see improved or changed by technology? Do people believe tech will shape the estate agents of the future?
– Online-only vs traditional estate agents: Does price really have that much of an impact when it comes to selecting an estate agent?
– Other influences: How do people decide which estate agent to choose?
– The impact of reviews: How important are reviews? Do people trust them?
Want to know more about this report and its findings? Please feel free to get in touch at email@example.com.